Private PRENATAL Refresher Class
Are you having your 2nd or 3rd child?
There are many good reasons you might want a refresher prenatal class. Perhaps you’ve been so busy with your first child you barely have had the time to focus on the birth of your next. Whether you're planning a VBAC, or simply want to refresh your pain coping skills, my private childbirth class for second and third time parents is a perfect chance to prepare.
In the comfort of your own home, I will give you a childbirth education class geared to your specific needs and unique interests. I will bring handouts that are yours to keep and props that we will work with during the class. During this refresher class we will collaborate on what worked well during the first labor and devise concrete strategies of things that you may want to change for the next. By the end of the class you will be relaxed and ready for the birth of your new baby.
Each private prenatal refresher class includes:
- Review your first birth(s) to identify what was helpful, and explore new strategies
- Review the Stages and Phases of Labor
- Practice Positions that are Great to Labor In
- Relaxation and Breathing Techniques
- How to Advocate for your Needs
- Plans for Getting to the Hospital
- What if Labor is Fast?
- Breastfeeding and Postpartum
- Easing the Transition of going from 1 Child to 2, or 2 to 3
- Resources and much, much more!
This class is also a great choice for families preparing for a VBAC (vaginal birth after cesarean). In addition to the material covered above, we will focus on the physical and emotional preparation for vaginal delivery, ways to support healthy labor progress, and positions for labor and pushing.
The cost of a private prenatal refresher course is $250.00 (sessions last two hours).